Total Pageviews

Please add your name as a follower of this blog if you wish to do so.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Breast Of Chicken Stuffed With Poblano Peppers, Tomatoes And Cheese


This is a chicken breast that has been split and spread out. In other words don't slice it in half just go to the edge with your knife. Lay the chicken out and season with whatever takes your fancy. I used some chili pepper flakes, some crushed garlic and salt and pepper. On the bottom side of the breast place some sliced tomatoes , a whole poblano pepper that you have skinned and the cheese of your choice. I used gruyere. I would have liked fresh mozarella but I couldn't find any. Season again , especially the tomatoes.
Fold the top half over the bottom half so that the breast is reconsituted and season the chicken. I put some breadcrumbs on top at this point. Place the breast in aluminum foil as I did and pour some white wine and olive oil over it. Add a bay leaf, some thyme or rosemary and bake in a medium oven.
The juice from the wine, olive oil and cooking residue will be your sauce.
This is an easy, tasty and attractive dish. It is also a dish you can cook and keep warm if you have guests. As a matter of fact it tastes better if it sits for a little bit. I made rice and beans which can also be made in advance and kept warm.

No comments: