Total Pageviews

Please add your name as a follower of this blog if you wish to do so.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Tajine Of Kefta With Couscous.




Here is a link to a video on how to make tajine. It is better with the dish but I have made it plenty of times in a flat saucepan with a lid. I recommend this dish to add variety to your cuisine. It is also healthy enough and there is such a thing as a vegetable tajine. If you need any help let me know.
There is a recipe for making tajine on this blog somewhere. That same recipe is used to make this dish.
The only difference here is the kefta. Kefta is like a middle eastern meat ball and you will find a good recipe for it anywhere on the internet. This one here is made of beef but lamb is better and is more traditionally used for kefta.
To 1/2 pound of beef I added chopped onions and chopped garlic. I also added chopped sweet pepper and jalapeno. The spices I used were turmeric, ground cumin and paprika. Salt and pepper too of course.
I mixed and kneaded the whole thing together and rolled one inch balls not unlike italian meatballs.
I have more photos on this so if anyone needs me to give more info or show more photos I will gladly do so.

This is a great dish any time of the year and I make it quite a lot.

2 comments:

grahamer said...

mmm love this kink of food ..

phyllis said...

This i will make...looks just fab......love it.