Saturday, October 16, 2010
3 whole boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon cooking wine or dry sherry
a few drops of Chee Seng Sesame oil
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1 cup chicken broth
1/8 cup vinegar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons Chee Seng Sesame oil
1 tsp chili paste, or more if desired
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons Double Pagoda Roasted Black Sesame seeds
3 1/2 - 4 cups peanut oil for deep-frying
1. Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
2. To prepare the sauce: mix together all of the sauce ingredients.
3. Pour them into a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
4. Turn the heat down to low and keep warm while you are deep-frying the chicken.
To deep-fry the chicken:
1. Add the marinated chicken pieces a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden brown.
2. Drain on paper towels.
3. Repeat with the remainder of the chicken.
4. Just before you are finished deep-frying, bring the sauce back up to a boil.
5. Place the chicken on a large platter and pour the sauce over.
6. Sprinkle with Double Pagoda Roasted Black Sesame Seeds.
7. Serve the Sesame Chicken s