Total Pageviews

Please add your name as a follower of this blog if you wish to do so.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Spaghetti With Gene Lamert's Special Meatballs.


This recipe is from an old friend of mine who has been in the business as long as, if not longer, than me.
Make a hearty tomato sauce or buy a good commercial one.
There is a recipe on this blog for tomato sauce.. you will find it if you do a search.
Gene’s Meatballs
I pound of ground (minced pork)
3 whole eggs
Garlic to taste
Chopped parsley
Italian breadcrumbs. ( a commercial product but very good)
Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper.
Put the pork into a large bowl.
Beat the three eggs as if for an omelet
Add the eggs to the pork.
This is a high volume of eggs for such a small amount of meat so it will become very soupy. Don’t be alarmed.
Add the Italian breadcrumbs and the cheese so that you get a workable mass.
Add the chopped parsley , salt and pepper and the crushed garlic.

Form into balls about the size of a golf ball and poach for eight minutes in tomato sauce.

Finish your spaghetti with the tomato sauce and the meatballs.

These meat balls are tender and flavorful. The texture is much different than the meatballs you make with just Italian sausage.

This recipe is from my good friend Gene Lambert who worked in the Four Seasons Seattle with me as the purchasing director.

7 comments:

grahamer said...

special meatballs?

Unknown said...

yes. I will post the recipe as soon as possible.

grahamer said...

thank you jim ...

phyllis said...

Looks delish.

Brian said...

Brilliant looking dish.One of my favorites.

maki said...

Do you still keep in touch with Gene or know what he is up to? I used to work with him in the Purchasing Dept as well back in 1995. I have fond memories of working with him and others like Didrik Wallis and would like to catch up with them.

Unknown said...

Yes, Gene and I usually talk about once a week or so. He is in fine form and now retired. I will pass your message on to him. I am sure he will remember you.