Total Pageviews

Please add your name as a follower of this blog if you wish to do so.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Korean Fried Chicken / Sweet Potato Fries





This is a nice little variation on the southern fried chicken. The chicken itself is prepared as for regular fried chicken. I marinated this for about half an hour in a little lime juice and garlic along with some salt and pepper. I then added a coating of half cornstarch and half flour. Then I tossed the chicken in this mix and fried it on a fast heat to begin and them on a lower heat to finish it off.
In a separate bowl I mixed half ketchup and half Chinese chili paste. To that i added the same amount of sugar and a generous helping of chopped garlic as well as fresh lemon juice , salt and pepper. Then I fried my sweet potatoes.
Then I refried the chicken in a hot fat to make it nice and crispy. Then toss the chicken into the bowl with the sauce and mix well. Served sprinkled with sesame seeds and the sweet fries.

2 comments:

EmmA Connolly said...

Hello Fried chicken, and oooh sweet potato fries, iv never had those before gonna try them..Looks so yummy

Terry Walsh said...

This has become a staple and a guilty pleasure at my house. I'm trying to keep it down to once a week.